Also Available: Residential Service Application (PDF Version)
Whom It May Concern;
To establish electric service in your name, please complete a membership application. Return the completed form with a photo ID.
The $10 membership fee and the $60 non-refundable connect fee can be billed on your first statement with a credit reference letter showing zero late payments in the last 12 months of service from another power company. If no credit reference letter is available, the deposit is equal to two times the highest actual monthly bill at that particular address. You can choose the date to have your bill due each month if desired. Please specify a date between the 1st and the 28th of the month.
You may also choose to have a pre-paid account. If you choose to put the account on pre-pay, please also provide the following:
- A pre-paid electric service signed agreement
- $10 membership fee
- $60 connect fee
- a minimum of $50 on your account
If you have any questions, please contact the New Business Department at the phone number listed below or at email@example.com.
Application for New Membership
Agreement established, between Valley Electric Association (VEA), and _____________________ (hereinafter called the “MEMBER”) upon the following terms and conditions:
- This membership shall be effective upon acceptance of this application, and all rights and privileges thereto shall continue as long as the member (a) purchases electric energy from VEA and (b) complies with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation, the Amended Bylaws of VEA and any amendments thereto and such Rules and Regulations, service policies and billing procedures as may from time to time be adopted by the Board of Directors.
- The MEMBER, by becoming a member, assumes no personal liability or responsibility for any debts or liabilities of VEA, and it is expressly understood that under the law the MEMBER’S private property cannot be attached for any debts or liabilities of VEA.
- The MEMBER, through this application and agreement, and in consideration of VEA’S furnishing electric service, hereby grants and conveys all necessary and convenient right-of-way, easements, rights of ingress and egress to VEA for the purposes of installing, furnishing and maintaining electric service and facilities to the MEMBER, which shall include the right to clear right of-way. MEMBER agrees to work with and provide easement to VEA for extending new facilities or relocation of existing facilities.
- Production or use of electric energy on the MEMBER’S premises, regardless of the source thereof, by means of facilities, which shall be interconnected with VEA facilities, shall be subject to appropriate Rules and Regulations as shall be adopted by VEA. Such facilities interconnected with VEA’S facilities shall require execution of an Interconnection Agreement between the MEMBER and VEA.
- SIGNING this agreement constitutes permission to collect previous credit information for the purpose of determining payment history.
- In the event the MEMBER defaults on any charges for electric service, construction, extension or any other accounts, VEA shall have the right to collect the entire balance of all monies due and VEA may elect any remedy at law as well as the right to disconnect its electric facilities and lines; in the event of an action at law to enforce collection, the MEMBER agrees to pay VEA’S collection costs ,attorney fees and court costs.
- VEA shall have the right to apply any or all the MEMBER’S unretired Patronage Capital toward the payment of the MEMBER’S unpaid billing balance(s).
- The MEMBER’S membership in VEA and termination or withdrawal of membership shall be governed by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation, the Amended Bylaws of VEA and any amendments thereto and such Rules and Regulations, service policies and billing procedures as may from time to time be adopted by the board of Directors.
- CONTINUITY OF SERVICE: VEA shall use reasonable diligence to provide a constant and uninterrupted supply of electric power and energy hereunder. If the supply of electric power shall fail or be interrupted, or become defective through an act of God, Government authority, action of the elements, public enemy, accident, labor trouble, required maintenance work, inability to secure right-of-way or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of VEA, VEA shall therefore not be liable for damages caused thereby.
- BY SIGNING this application and agreement, the patrons of VEA, by dealing with VEA, acknowledge that the terms and provisions of the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws shall constitute and be a contract between VEA and each patron, and both VEA and the patrons are bound by such contract, as fully as though each patron had individually signed a separate instrument containing such terms and provision. The provisions of this Article of the Bylaws shall be called to the attention of each patron of VEA.
- SUCCESSION AND APPROVAL: This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the successors, legal representatives and assigns of the respective parties hereto. It is agreed that the venue for the enforcement or interpretation of the Agreement shall be Nye County, Nevada.