At Valley Electric Association, Inc. (VEA), we continue to focus on preparing the next generation of our Cooperative for the future. Valley Electric’s Internship Program is a vital part of our overall vision and values, investing in our local youth and in the future of the Cooperative. We recognize that student internships can be an important part of VEA’s strategy, by developing talent within the communities we serve.
The VEA paid Student Internship Program is available to high school seniors in VEA’s service area. To be eligible, a student must have completed their junior year, currently be a senior or have just graduated high school. Internships are available at the Pahrump Office, offering exciting opportunities across most areas of our Cooperative, including Operations, Customer Service, GIS/Mapping, Broadband, Engineering and more. Our High School Internship Program offers four to six months of initial career development, designed to offer Student Interns real-world experience in the workplace.
By the end of the internship, a VEA Student Intern will have typically experienced and/or acquired the following:
- Positive professional relationships
- New skills and learnings through all Cooperative activities and the proper application to tasks and projects
- A better understanding in support of educational and/or career goals
- Confidence, humility and self-discipline
- A clear understanding of the Cooperative business model, VEA and its subsidiaries
- A practical approach to the Seven Cooperative Principles
- Strong networking skills and mentoring relationships
- An awareness of community and/or organizational concerns and challenges
To apply for the Student Internship Program, please click here.
VEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
- Job ID
- 32-21-2022: Student Intern
- February 28, 2022
- Until Filled