Community Engagement Specialist
Valley Electric Association, Inc. (VEA) has immediate openings for a Community Engagement Specialist to work in our headquarters located in Pahrump, Nevada.
Valley Electric Association, Inc., (VEA) is a member-owned electric cooperative based in Pahrump, Nevada, with a certified service area covering more than 6,800 square miles in Nevada and California. VEA presently provides service to over 24,000 services with 2,120 line miles of distribution facilities and 13 substations. VEA is a participating transmission owner and load serving entity in the California Independent System of Operators Corporation (CAISO).
VEA is the parent company to a host of wholly-owned subsidiaries, including Valley Electric Transmission Association (VETA), Valley Communication Association (VCA), Valley Electric Utility Services (VEUS), and Valley Electric Energy Services (VEES).
VCA (Valley Communications Association), is a wholly-owned subsidiary based in Pahrump, NV, and will offer commercial and residential optical fiber broadband service, with speeds up to 1 gigabit, to VEA members throughout Nevada.
This Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for conceptualizing and developing opportunities to build relationships that position the Cooperative as a valued neighbor in the communities we serve, which includes communication engagement efforts, acting as a liaison between Ambassadors and VEA (Valley Electric Association), and educating members about the cooperative business model. This position will work throughout all of the Cooperative’s district areas and must be able to work successfully with representatives from various communities, organizations, and communities with respect to their diverse populations and cultures. For more detailed information regarding responsibilities, duties, and specifications, please refer to the job description for Community Engagement Specialist.
To apply for this job, please fill out the following form.
Education/Experience: High school diploma with five years of audiovisual community reporting and producing experience required.
Job Knowledge: Must possess or develop a basic understanding of the electric and broadband industries and their concepts, practices, and procedures. Must have a basic knowledge of public relations, marketing and working with a wide variety of people.
Abilities and Skills: Must have the ability to effectively carry out the responsibilities of this position, with the ability to effectively:
• Communicate through written and oral means.
• Prepare and present speeches, audiovisual presentations, demonstrations, and written communications for members, prospective members, government entities, civic and school groups, and the general public.
• Be organized, energetic, a self-starter and able to meet deadlines.
• Communicate and work with all levels of Cooperative personnel.
• Use computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, graphic/video editing, and desktop publishing, etc.
• Upload video spots and social media posts to YouTube, Facebook, and community networks.
• Coordinate and communicate closely with other departments, including the marketing and communications teams.
• Write and edit publications, documents, etc.
• Must have the ability to wear appropriate attire and maintain a professional demeanor.
• Incumbent must be approachable with strong collaboration, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
VEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Valley Electric Association, Inc. and its subsidiaries offer a competitive benefits package, which includes company paid:
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Group Life Insurance
Business Travel Life Insurance
Vacation and Sick accrual
- May 2, 2023
- May 05, 2023