Valley Electric takes steps toward public safety regarding COVID-19
Valley Electric Membership:
The health and safety of our members, consumers and employees is of paramount importance. Valley Electric continues to monitor the guidance of authorities as we attempt to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and provide for the continuity of business at our locations. We are taking prudent measures to protect the health and safety of our staff while continuing to best serve our electric members and broadband consumers during this evolving situation.
Effective Monday, March 16th, 2020 Valley Electrics offices will be closed to the public.
Also, effective immediately:
- Planned District meetings are postponed for 30 days. For those Districts where voting is taking place, the voting process will be extended accordingly.
- VEA’s Annual meeting is postponed for 30 days, the Bylaw voting process will be extended accordingly.
- All meetings planned at our Conference Center are cancelled indefinitely, including open board of director meetings, committee meetings and currently scheduled event rentals.
- Board meetings will not be open to the public but can be streamed by accessing https://vea.coop/about-us/board-of-directors/board-meetings/ at the scheduled time.
- All employee business travel is cancelled for 30 days.
- VEA employee participation in large group meetings in the community has been cancelled for 30 days.
We will continue to monitor the events and will reassess our response to this fluid event as necessary. Events will be rescheduled accordingly, as space is available, and we will provide at least 14 days advance notice of any rescheduled event.
We are committed to continuous delivery of our services to you, our members and consumers. We encourage everyone to use available means to do business with VEA that do not require in-person interaction, specifically, the new service applications available online at https://vea.coop/applications/ and bill payments through:
- SmartHub app on your mobile device
- Online bill pay on https://vea.smarthub.coop/
- Drop box located in the drive-thru at our main office
- Kiosks located here https://vea.coop/about-us/kiosk-locations/
We will continue to post updates on vea.coop as the situation unfolds.
Thank you for your patience as we manage these evolving circumstances.