State of Nevada’s $30 million residential rental assistance program is now taking applications for Nevadans experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- View the July 20th 2020 CARES Press Release
- View more information about the program –https://housing.nv.gov/
Rental Assistance CARES Act – English
Asistencia de alquiler – Espanol
- The CARES Assistance program is available for Homeowners, Renters, & Landlords.
Apply online here at the Nevada Department Housing website.
- Nevada Rural Housing Authority – CARES Housing Assistant Program Application Information
Nye County is now accepting applications for CARES Act Funding to assist local communities.
Accepting applications now. Eligible Uses for costs incurred during the period of March 16, 2020, through December 30, 2020.
The applications will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. For details on the CARES Act Programs, please see the Nye County CARES Act Policy for eligible uses and other program details. For businesses, you must have a state business license, and a Town of Pahrump business license if business is located in Pahrump, to be eligible.Nye County has created the following programs to help local communities:
- CARES Act for Non-Profits to offer Rental, Mortgage, Utility, and Food Assistance to Community
- CARES Act for Public – Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance
- CARES Act for Small Businesses – PPE & Rental Assistance
- CARES Act for Sub-Entities – PPE, Telecommuting, Medical Facility Modifications, and Retrofit
As a part of the application, you will need to provide documentation depending on the type of request.
All applications will need to provide a copy of an ID as well as a Proof of Residency. For Proof of Residency you have the following options:
- Applicant ID with address
- Name of utility bill is applicant/co-applicants name
- If address on ID is not current address and utility bill is not in their name, applicant and/or co-applicant must upload lease agreement for service address in applicant/co-applicant’s name
If applying due to Job Loss, you will need to provide the Employment Verification Form.pdf.
If applying for Mortgage or Rental assistance, you will need to provide the Landlord Letter – Past Due.pdf for each month’s assistance request.
If applying for Utility assistance, you will need to provide the Utility Provider Letter.pdf for each individual utility request.
Working Capital Grant
Nye County is working with the Nevada Association of Counties (NACO) on a Working Capital Grant to support small businesses financially impacted by COVID-19. Eligible uses include utilities, and payroll not covered by PPP, inventory etc. This grant program is being supported by federal CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Funds.
NACo Grant awards range from $5,000 to $15,000 for the Working Capital Grants depending on the number of employees up to 19. Applications for this Grant is open September 8 thru October 6, 2020.
The Nevada Small Business Development Center is partnering with NACo to provide help to businesses that may need it. Request free and confidential assistance by calling 800-240-7094 to make an appointment with a counselor through one of their 13 statewide locations, including in Pahrump.