Valley Electric Association, Inc. (VEA) is pleased to offer high school juniors the opportunity to attend the Michael F. Peterson Youth Leadership Conference, sponsored by the Utah Rural Electric Association. This is a dynamic, week-long camp during July that allows students to interact with hundreds of other students from rural communities in Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming. During the camp you will make new friends, learn leadership skills, and build your self-esteem.
Below is some basic information about the selection process and the camp:
• The camp is July 10-14, 2023 in Ephraim, UT. We can only select kids who will be able to attend the entire week (Monday-Friday).
• We will leave for the camp on July 9 and will be returning July 14. Parents are responsible for dropping off and picking up their children from VEA’s main campus (800 E. Highway 372 Pahrump, NV 89048).
• VEA personnel will transport the youth from VEA’s main campus to Ephraim UT.
• There is no cost; this is a camp that VEA sponsors.
• VEA wishes we could take all the students that apply, but resources don’t allow. Because of that, VEA will pick one student from each district; District 1 (South Pahrump), District 2 (Amargosa), District 3 (Beatty), District 4 (Fish Lake Valley), District 5 (Sandy Valley), District 6 (North Pahrump), & District 7 (Central Pahrump).
• VEA will use the answers you provide to the following questions in determining who we select.
• VEA will let you know if you’ve been selected by April 14, 2023.