By Vern Hee
Valley Electric Association has announced dates for its 2018 annual district meetings and its Annual Membership Meeting.
As in previous years, district meetings will be conducted on the first three Tuesdays and Thursdays in March.
The Annual Meeting will be Saturday, April 27, at Pahrump Valley High School.
At the March district meetings, CEO Angela Evans will review the Cooperative’s finances, highlights from 2018 and will discuss initiatives for 2019 and beyond.
Elections for the Board of Directors of VEA are being conducted in Districts 2 (Amargosa Valley) and District 4 (Fish Lake Valley).
2018 brought changes in leadership at the Co-op, and Evans promises members a renewed emphasis on the cooperative principles.
“I am committed to placing the needs of the Cooperative and its members first as we go forward into 2019,” Evans says. These principles, along with the co-op purpose of improving quality of life for our members are themes that run true with all we hope to accomplish in 2019.”
Following is the schedule district meetings:
- March 5 – District 3, Beatty Community Center.
- March 7 – District 1, Pahrump South, Valley Conference Center.
- March 12 – District 6, Pahrump North, Valley Conference Center.
- March 14 – District 5, Sandy Valley Senior Center.
- March 19 – District 2, Amargosa Valley Community Center.
- March 21 – District 4, Fish Lake Valley Community Center.